The charming Southern Appalachian mountain town of Gatlinburg, Tennessee offers visitors and travelers the best hospitality with a beautiful view! Located at the gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Gatlinburg, Tennessee hosts numerous events and activities year round. This small town is perfect for those seeking a relaxing mountain retreat or for those looking to have their family explore the great outdoors and learn the history of the area. Gatlinburg is connected to Cherokee, North Carolina through the national park. This is a great day getaway to learn the history of the Cherokee Indians in another quaint mountain time. Whatever your interests are, Gatlinburg has something for you.
1. Explore the 600 miles of trails and scenic viewpoints in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. Year round fun includes downhill snow skiing, fly fishing,camping and biking on a 11-mile journey through Cades Cove.
2. Take a trolley car ride around town and see a real working white lightnin' moonshine distillery, enjoy a tour of wineries or stop by for a cold draft at a downtown brewery. Get a taste of southern comedy at live theater shows or the best of southern cooking and world-class cuisines in the 100 restaurants along the way.
3. Visit the Ripley's Aquarium Of The Smokies. Rated one of the top five aquariums in the world where visitors can see full-size sharks and giant sea turtles through underwater glass tunnels. Explore the Tropical Rainforest, the world of Ocean Realm, Nature's Kaleidoscope in Coral Reef, the Best Shark Exhibit from the many underwater tunnels. Kids have fun in the Discover Center too!
4. A trip up the Gatlinburg Space Needle in a 400 ft elevator gives visitors a 360 degree view of the surrounding mountains and town. A Higher Learning educational experience include Free View Finders to use.
5. Another favorite spot is the nearby 150 acre famous Dollywood theme park built by music legend Dolly Parton where a ride on the Wild Eagle roller coaster is sure to please all ages.