How to pick the perfect vacation rental in Orange Beach, AL
Located on the Gulf of Mexico, the beachfront town of Orange Beach, Alabama is one of the south’s most popular vacation destinations. It’s known for top-notch fishing, umbrella-dotted beaches, and an ever-growing culinary scene with fresh, local fare. While most visit Orange Beach for spring and summer getaways, the Gulf Shore community’s mild climate means fall and winter are great vacation seasons, too.
If you’re planning a trip to the Gulf Shore, here are 8 things to know about renting the perfect vacation rental in Orange Beach:
- Where to stay for deep-sea fishing in Orange Beach:With an artificial reef system covering over 1,000 square miles of the Gulf of Mexico, the coastal Orange Beach community is a mecca for fishing enthusiasts. You can catch sharks, red snapper, grouper, and lane snapper; head even further off the Orange Beach shores for the chance to snag blue marlin, mahi mahi, and wahoo. If you’re planning a fishing trip to Orange Beach, look for a vacation rental condo in the Perdido Dunes community. In addition to balconies and a pool, this complex is walking distance to a variety of outfitters, including Great Escape and Reel Surprise charters.
- Where to stay for the Blue Marlin Grand Championship in Orange Beach:Every July, anglers head to Orange Beach to vie for the largest blue marlin as part of the Blue Marlin Grand Championship. The competition, dubbed “the greatest show in sportfishing,” takes place at The Wharf. Beyond fishing, the Blue Marlin Grand Championship draws crowds for its live entertainment and 5K races; funds raised from the event go to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Whether you’re competing or spectating at the Blue Marlin Grand Championship, rent a condo at The Wharf for easy access to the week-long festivities.
- Where to stay for Mardi Gras in Orange Beach:Sure, Bourbon Street is the go-to for Mardi Gras, but the Gulf Shore gives New Orleans a run for its money. Orange Beach hosts a variety of Mardi Gras-themed events, including a colorful parade that takes place along Perdido Beach Boulevard on Fat Tuesday. To partake in the Orange Beach Mardi Gras festivities, rent a vacation condo in the Tradewinds complex—located right along the route in downtown Orange Beach—for convenient parade access.
- Where to stay for beach access in Orange Beach:Beach-lovers flock to the shores of Orange Beach for miles of powder-soft sand stretching far into the horizon. One of the most popular and centrally located spots, Cotton Bayou Beach, has a boardwalk jutting over the ocean with waves that attract paddleboarders and surfers, not to mention soft sand and chairs for sunbathing. If you’re looking for a beach getaway in Orange Beach, rent a vacation condo at The Palms in downtown Orange Beach for quick access to Cotton Bayou Beach, not to mention balconies looking over the Gulf.
- Where to stay for Orange Beach golfing:While the Gulf Shore has a number of options for golf lovers, one of the most scenic and convenient courses is the palm-fringed 9-hole Orange Beach Golf Center and Driving Range, located right along Wolf Bay. The best place to rent a condo near the Orange Beach Golf Center is Wolf Bay Villas, a nearby complex with a private pool and bay views.
- Where to stay for a family vacation in Orange Beach:With vast beaches and an array of kid-friendly restaurants such as Bubba’s Seafood House, Orange Beach is a great destination for family trips. One of the best places to rent a condo for a family vacation to Orange Beach is Pelican Pointe, a resort complex close to restaurants, the beach, and Adventure Island, a destination for go-karts, laser tag, bumper boats, and more.
- Where to stay for the Orange Beach Seafood Festival and Car Show:The annual Orange Beach Seafood Festival and Car Show brings fresh seafood, live music, antique cars, and kid-friendly fun to The Wharf every February. If you’re in town, rent a condo at The Wharf for close proximity to all the Orange Beach Seafood Festival has to offer.
- How to choose your own Orange Beach vacation rental experience:Orange Beach offers a variety of rental properties to suit travelers’ needs. If you’re seeking quiet and relaxation, stay in a peaceful, luxurious condo near the tranquil Romar Lake. If pool-going and sunbathing are more up your alley, rent an Orange Beach vacation condo at one of the lavish waterfront resorts, such as Pelican Pointe or the Seaside Beach & Racquet Club. No matter where you end up, Orange Beach has all the makings for a perfect Gulf Shore getaway.