How to select the perfect vacation rental in Breckenridge
Breckenridge, Colorado regularly tops the list of America’s favorite ski resorts, and for good reason: It has 2,900 acres of skiable terrain with elevations reaching nearly 13,000 feet, and the ski season lasts from November to April. But Breckenridge is much more than a ski destination. With waterfalls and whitewater rafting—not to mention a world-class beer festival—this Rocky Mountain town can be enjoyed to the fullest all year.
As you plan your trip to the Rockies, here are 7 tips to help you pick the perfect Breckenridge vacation rental:
- Where to stay for skiing and snowboarding in Breckenridge:Skiers and snowboarders flock to Breckenridge Resort every winter for its 2,900 acres of skiable terrain with 187 unique trails—not to mention superpipes, terrain parks, and a 3.5-mile trail. If you’re skiing or snowboarding in Breckenridge this year, stay on the mountain in a ski-in, ski-out rental home on a variety of the resort’s most popular slopes, including Peak 8’s 4 O’Clock and Trygve's Run. Alternatively, you can rent a vacation home in downtown Breckenridge for access to the Breckenridge FreeRide shuttle that takes you to and from the Breckenridge Resort.
- Where to stay for the International Snow Sculpture Championships:The International Snow Sculpture Championships challenges 16 teams from across the globe to create the most intricate sculptures out of 20-ton blocks of snow. To make things trickier, teams can only use their hands—as in, no power tools—as they spend five days carving their best sculptures. Whether you’re participating in or spectating at the International Snow Sculpture Championships, which takes place at the end of January, your best bet for lodging is a vacation property near the festivities in downtown Breckenridge so you don’t miss a moment of the snow sculpture fun.
- Where to stay for whitewater rafting in Breckenridge:Breckenridge has a variety of whitewater rafting routes to choose from, including the class III Blue River which leads to the Eagles Nest Wilderness Area. The town, also called Blue River, has a number of vacation rental cabins and homes with easy access to the river. Local tour companies like Breckenridge Whitewater Rafting provide the gear and precautions so you can simply show up and hit those rapids.
- Where to stay for Breckenridge’s Ullr Fest:A trademark Breckenridge event, Ullr Fest brings together thousands of Viking-dressed revelers for three days of fun and festivities in early January. The event celebrates Ullr, the Norse mythology’s winter god, in hopes that a festival in his honor will deliver a strong ski season. The Nordic festivities include a parade down Main Street, ice skating parties, live performances, and an epic town bonfire. If you’re ready to pay Ullr your respects, rent a vacation property near downtown Breckenridge for close proximity to the Ullr Fest events.
- Where to stay for hiking in Breckenridge:Set in the Rocky Mountains, Breckenridge has a variety of great hiking options including a scenic trail that leads to the popular McCullough Gulch cascade waterfall. For a hiking weekend in Breckenridge, rent a vacation home near the McCullough Gulch trailhead in Blue River. In addition to McCullough Gulch, you’ll have a variety of nearby hikes including the Quandary Peak and Blue Lakes trails.
- Where to stay for the Big Beers Festival in Breckenridge:This top-notch beer event brings hundreds of new and unique brews to the Beaver Run Resort & Conference Center in Breckenridge. The early January weekend is filled with a variety of beer-related festivities, including tastings, home-brew competitions, and beer-and-food pairings. If you’re in town for the Big Beers Festival, rent a vacation property in the Warriors Mark neighborhood just south of downtown.
- How to choose your own Breckenridge vacation rental experience:Renting a vacation property in Breckenridge will make you feel right at home in this quaint Colorado mountain town. Whether you prefer a cozy loft with mountain views or a ski-in, ski-out luxury home with a hot tub, a vacation property will ensure you get the most of your trip to Breckenridge.