How to pick the perfect vacation rental in Savannah
Savannah is the oldest city in Georgia, and tourists flock to it year round to get a glimpse of the city’s history, culture, and nightlife. Savannah is also known for its amazing cuisine and Southern charm that can be felt everywhere you go. No matter what time of year you visit, there will always be something for you to fill your itinerary with.
Follow these tips to make sure you pick the perfect Savannah vacation rental for your travel plans.
- Where to stay near the Historic District. There’s something for every history buff in Savannah’s Historic District. This part of the city has museums, monuments, historic town squares, and more. Plus, on the first Friday of every month, the city celebrates with food, fun, and fireworks off of the nearby River Street in downtown Savannah. Find a vacation rental near River Street to get a great view of the fireworks, and you’ll also be close to some of the city’s best bars and restaurants, like The Olde Pink House, Mrs. Wilkes Dining Room, The Grey, and The Collins Quarter. We recommend checking out one of Savannah’s many Trolley tours close by on your first day in Savannah to get a feel for the entire town.
- Where to stay for nightlife. Heading to Savannah to party? You’ll want to stay near City Market, the best spot for entertainment and nightlife. During the day, spend your time hitting up the many shops in the area. At night, check out a bar like The Railpub, or see some live music at The Jinx. And the city’s open container laws mean you can take your drink with you when you leave one bar and head to the next (just make sure it’s in a plastic cup!).
- Where to stay when visiting Savannah College of Art and Design. Whether you’re a prospective student visiting for the first time, a parent visiting, or someone attending college graduation, vacation rentals near the campus give you easy access to the school. You’ll also be close to the Historic District where you can spend the day exploring the Savannah of years past.
- Where to stay on Tybee Island. If you’re going to Savannah to spend time at the beach, look for a vacation rental on Tybee Island. The island is about 20 minutes from downtown Savannah and has four beaches (North, South, Back River, and Little Tybee Island) for ultimate relaxation. It’s also home to the Fort Pulaski National Monument and the Tybee Island Light Station which has Georgia’s oldest lighthouse.
- How to choose your own Savannah vacation rental experience. The greatest thing about Savannah is that no matter where you stay, you’ll have access to the history and culture that makes the city so special. Whether you want to spend time at the beach, wander the historic cobblestone streets, or party all night, the right vacation rental is waiting for you.