How to pick the perfect vacation rental in Boothbay Harbor
Boothbay Harbor, Maine has long been a prime destination for fishers, and it’s easy to see why. Most of the town’s tourism industry revolves around sport fishing, with several charter fishing companies such as Saltwater Maine and Breakaway Sportfishing offering excursions on the bay. You don’t have to like fishing to have fun in Boothbay Harbor, though; you can also go on a whale watching excursion, or bypass the water entirely and take a scenic hike.
Follow these tips to help you pick the perfect Boothbay Harbor vacation rental for your travel plans.
- Where to stay to go sport fishing:Several companies provide charter fishing excursions in Boothbay Harbor. Book a vacation rental near Brown’s Wharf Inn & Marina on the east side of the harbor to go fishing with Saltwater Maine, which ventures into Cape Small, Casco Bay, and the Damariscotta River, providing all of the necessary gear for customers who climb aboard. Alternately, you can book a vacation rental near Fisherman’s Wharf to hit the water with Breakaway Sportfishing, which offers inshore, offshore, and bottom fish excursions.
- Where to stay for the Boothbay Harbor Fest:Boothbay Harbor Fest is a three-day, multi-sensory celebration over Labor Day Weekend. Attendees get to enjoy live music, taste food from more than a dozen local restaurants, and participate in a Cold River Cocktail Competition. More athletically inclined attendees can participate in a scenic 5k trail run or half marathon. For direct access to the festival, book a vacation rental right on the waterfront.
- Where to stay to go whale watching:Cap’n Fish’s Whale Watch has been taking visitors out to spot their favorite ocean mammals for more than 80 years. Book a vacation rental on Commercial Street, just a few minutes off the water to easily reach Cap’n Fish’s Whale Watch. These three-hour excursions come with a guarantee—if you don’t see any whales, you can come back for another cruise, free of charge.
- Where to stay to go hiking:The Boothbay Region Land Trust at Oak Point Farm boasts 30 miles of hiking trails at all skill levels. Hikers can take in the natural beauty of the surrounding meadows, forests, and wetlands. Landlubbers who don’t have a taste for fishing can book a vacation rental just five minutes west of the Harbor and enjoy the vast expanse of the Boothbay Region Land Trust.
- How to choose your Boothbay Harbor rental experience:Since the majority of attractions in Boothbay Harbor involve going on the water, your best bet is to find a waterfront condo or house to rent. From there, it’s a quick, easy drive over to the Boothbay Region Land Trust, where you can spend an afternoon hiking up and down its picturesque trails. Cap your day with a nice, hot shower back at your rental home, and then make your way to dinner, where you can dine on the delicious seafood you just spent the afternoon catching.