Why rent a vacation home in Wilmington, NC
Fascinating history. Gorgeous Beaches. Vibrant culture. Few other destinations combine those three ingredients like Wilmington does. If you are planning on a trip to Wilmington, consider staying in a vacation rental, a form of accommodation growing in popularity. Most vacation rentals offer more space than what you’d find in a typical hotel room, with multiple bedrooms, a full kitchen, a living room and more, making them great choices for family or group trips. And if you’re staying in a TurnKey Wilmington home, you’ll still get all your favorite hotel perks, like free WiFi, hotel-grade linens and towels, a starter set of toiletries, and 24/7 support from our local Wilmington team. Vacation rentals also provide for a more authentic, local experience: you’ll feel as if you’re part of the neighborhood whether you stay in the historic downtown or in a beachside community.
Here are some things you can look forward to during your stay in a Wilmington vacation rental:
- Drench Yourself in HistoryWilmington is known for its breathtaking homes from the antebellum period. Walking the grounds of these historical homes is truly like stepping back in time. The shade of live oak trees and the moss dangling from the limbs helps you picture people living and working in days past. With over 230 blocks of homes, churches, old architecture, and ancient trees, this area in Wilmington is a Nationally Registered Historic District. Two popular homes to tour are the Bellamy Mansion and the Poplar Grove Plantation.
- Take a Horse-drawn Trolley RideA fun, unique way to view the historic areas of town is to ride to the click of hooves, just like days of yore. Springbrook Farms Trolley was not only voted the best trolley service by Encore Magazine, but they are committed to rescuing abused and unwanted horses and giving them a great life! You are not only purchasing a fun afternoon ride around Wilmington, but supporting a great cause.
- Stroll on the Carolina Beach BoardwalkFood and Wine Magazine voted this one of the Top 10 Boardwalks in the Nation, and you will see why! The Carolina Beach Boardwalk features numerous shops, tons of restaurants, rides, nightlife and even weekly fireworks - all right by the ocean! You'll find iconic boardwalk activities such as an arcade, ice cream shop, and a huge ferris wheel which offers an memorable view of the Atlantic Ocean. There are seasonal events at the Carolina Beach Boardwalk such as concerts and special Christmas activities. Visit their calendar of events and plan your visit! It's a must!
- Visit the North Carolina Aquarium at Fort FisherThe North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher is ready to let you get close to stingrays, baby turtles, an albino alligator and even talk to one of their divers while they are deep underwater with sharks! You can spend a day here just amazed by the abundance of underwater nature and its inhabitants. The Aquarium is open daily from 9am - 5pm. Tickets prices are reasonable with discounts for kids, seniors and military. Also, kids under the age of 2 get in free!
- Dine OutIf you love to eat at great restaurants, Wilmington is the place to be! And when you think "dine out", we truly mean it. Downtown Wilmington was voted the "#1 Best Al Fresco Neighborhood" by USA Today readers. Wilmington is home to a great collection of craft breweries, wine bars, bistros, seafood, and eclectic restaurants.Dine at a variety of unique locations such as by the ocean, at the riverfront, or on a rooftop.
- Live Music is Easy to FindMany of the antebellum homes host concerts in their gardens and music is ongoing at our riverfront or oceanfront amphitheaters. With so many outdoor venues in Wilmington, you will find concerts and festivals to fill your days, all year long.
- Head to the BeachLocated close to the Atlantic Ocean, Wilmington offers the paradise beachfronts you’ve been dreaming of. While visiting Wilmington you are convenient to Carolina Beach, a family-friendly classic beach featuring the iconic boardwalk. You are also handy to Kure Beach, a more laid-back, natural beach where you can forget all your worries. Wrightsville Beach is the beach to visit to surfing, kayaking or paddleboarding! Each beach has its own personality yet offers miles of sandy beach where you can enjoy the surf or get lost in a book!