Why rent a vacation home in Dripping Springs, TX
Just a short drive from Austin, Dripping Springs is the gateway to the Texas Hill Country, where the flat plains of eastern Texas begin to buckle and fold into a scenic landscape of green hills and burbling streams. While Dripping Springs is proud of being a small town, it’s begun to earn itself an international reputation for its craft alcohol scene, its many artists, its exceptional barbeque, and its bounty of incredible wedding venues.
Many visitors to Dripping Springs are increasingly opting to stay in vacation rental homes, which offer some key advantages over traditional hotels. Vacation rentals provide more space and flexibility for families and large groups, and facilitate spending more time together. Vacation homes, especially in funky Dripping Springs, also provide a more unique, local, and authentic experience: it won’t be long before you’ll feel as if you can call Dripping Springs home.
Here are some thing you can look forward to during your stay in a Dripping Springs vacation rental:
- Get married Or just attend a wedding. As the official Wedding Capital of Texas, Dripping Springs attracts couples from all over the state and country looking to enter holy matrimony together and throw a once-in-a-lifetime party. Many wedding parties opt to stay in vacation rentals in Dripping Springs, as they’re close to the venues and allow bridesmaids and groomsmen time to bond and space to prepare before the big day.
- Winery ToursDripping Springs is known throughout Texas for its fantastic vineyards, with their high-quality wines and gorgeous grounds. Each offers tours, tastings and often dining. Bell Springs Winery offers both reds and whites which can be sampled in their SideCar tasting room. Hawk's Shadow Winery boast wines that are the "taste of Texas", with wine made from grapes grown entirely in Texas
- Texas Hill Country Olive CompanyAs charming as the name implies, this lovely, family-owned olive plantation offers a day full of food and indulgence. Texas Hill Country Olive Company produces high quality olive oil and vinegar, as well as beauty products such as soaps and body balm. Take a tour of the gorgeous grounds, purchase unique olive oil spa items to spoil yourself or friends, and dine in the wonderful bistro.
- Brewery Tours Nearby Jester King Brewery specializes in unique farmhouse ales brewed with local ingredients. Their ranch-style location is a great place to take kids and dogs, and includes an on-site restaurant. Twisted X Brewery is known for its experimental beers and its farmhouse tasting room.
- Tour a Distillery Dripping Springs knows how to drink. For something a little harder, head to a distillery. Deep Eddy Vodka Distillery is known for excellent, hand-crafted vodkas. You’ll find their line of top-quality flavored vodka and signature cocktails like Ruby Red vodka and the Deep Eddy Fuzzy Navel available in their tasting room. Treaty Oak Ranch and Distillery distills vodka, rum, bourbon and gin, which you can enjoy under the oaks on their sprawling ranch-style grounds. Eat at the Ghost Hill Restaurant and enjoy the frequent musical performances.
- Visit Hamilton Pool PreserveHamilton Pool is one of the most unusual and gorgeous natural pools you will see. However, be willing to take a short hike to get there and plan ahead. Reservations are required from May to September to indulge in this natural swimming hole. Due to the required reservations you are guaranteed a sparse crowd and plenty of pool for you. There is a parking area and about a 1/4 mile walk to the natural pool. You will find this natural, green pool nestled in a canyon and a 50 foot waterfall continually spilling into it. The hike is a bit rocky and you will need to bring your own drinking water. There is also no swimming after 5:30pm.
- Reimers Ranch Park Enjoy more outdoor adventure with many options at Reimers Ranch Park, with its 2,427 acres of dry, desert terrain full of hearty plants surviving in the hot sun. The Pedernales River runs through the park and offers a refreshing swim, fishing and canoeing or kayaking. Hiking and bike trails abound, as well as equestrian trails! There are also camping areas and plenty of space to explore.
- Mercer Street DancehallReady for some nightlife? Mercer Street Dance Hall wants you to come "dance in air conditioned comfort". They know you've been out exploring in the heat all day! Live music at Mercer Street Dance Hall is always good for dancing or just listening while sipping on a beer and enjoying the atmosphere. Learn how to two-step at one of their dance lessons available on Saturday nights.